My opinion regarding Bush's pick for Supreme Court Associate Justice:
1. He looks smart.
2. He looks white and male (oops- sorry Laura).
3. He looks like a judge (or a college professor, maybe a pastor).
4. His name is terribly boring (no Rehnquist, Ginsberg or Scalia fun).
5. People will be peeved.
6. All the commentary, op-ed pieces, pundits and experts were worth what we would expect (very little). I am glad they are not Vegas oddsmakers.
7. He will be beaten up, battered, but the next justice.
8. He has probably never smoked pot, hired a nanny from Mexico, sexually harassed an underling, berated and employee or rented dirty movies. He is clean.
9. But, then again, Bush has never cared about such things.
10. He will be more independently minded than Bush and the Right think he is.
Beats the heck out of me. I have never met the guy. I could give you an "opinion" based upon moveon.org, Focus on the Family or some other partisan group with lots riding on the nomination, but I have none.
Let the Games Begin!