Tuesday, May 22, 2007

buy this album... NOW

I am in the midst of an important project for a potential job, so I am unable to post much at this juncture (man, I love to use that word).

However, I must tell you this...

Download or buy The National's Boxer. It is gorgeous. It is wonderful. It is better than anything else they have done (which is saying something). It is dark. It is deep. It could be the best thing I have heard this year. It is much better than the latest Wilco.

Read this review from people that actually know music (unlike Pitchfork). One fan puts it this way when comparing it to Alligator, their previous best. "It is like the Beach Boys topped Pet Sounds." I could give a full scale review, but it is unneeded. Just know I am waking from a blogging slumber just to tell you this, even with little time on my hands.

Listen to their Myspace page here or check out their website is here.

3 comments:

Ryan Lee Sharp said...

So what am I going to have to do to get The Cobalt Season featured here? Give you a copy? Geez. Floridians are such free-loaders........

DJ Word said...

I have no job, remember. I only got this because it is part of my Emusic subscription (65 songs for $14.99 per month).

I want to buy it, but am waiting for the cash to come in.

If you want to give me a copy I will give it a very favorable review for the multitudes of readers this blog sees.

Anonymous said...

Wow, amazing album.