Wednesday, November 23, 2005

All things Hobo related


Every once in a while a book comes along which causes you to re-examine the very nature of your existence and re-evaluate your mission on this earth.

At other times a book comes along which makes you laugh so hard you pee your pants. Sometimes this book is actually very smart and insightful in its dementia.

Welcome to the world of John Hodgman and his refreshing tome, The Areas of My Expertise, an almanac of history, literary criticism, hobo matters, squirrels, lobsters, food, drink and cheese and what will happen in the future.

Check out his website to get a feel, plus you can hear him state 700 Hobo names.

link

3 comments:

hodg-man said...

Thank you very much for your kind words.

I am glad my dementia aided you.

Jh

andebos said...

Rick, I ran across your blog randomly and had a question for you. I live in Boston Mass and moved here from KC where I was part of Jacob's Well. In your post "Emergent's Secret Past" this past June you mentioned a friend who was working with ministry in Boston, specifically the emergent conversation.

Anyway to get a hold of this person or any other info on this subject in that area? There are many of us eager to join in - but there isn't a lot going on up here. Let me know if you get the time

peace,
-Tyler

g13 said...

tyler,

there's actually quite a bit going on up here on the north shore. i am a part of a home church community known as sinners and saints and we'd love to connect with you. feel free to contact me directly at gentry13@gmail.com.

peace of Christ.