Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Another Unpatriotic Opinion of the Bush Presidency

Because I have been less than enamored with Dubya during his governorship and presidency, people have 1) accused me of being a loyalist democrat, 2) questioned by salvation and evangelical credentials, 3) questioned my patriotism and assumed I may be a terrorist loving communist and 4) questioned my rational thinking abilities and understanding of the nuances of the Supreme Court, War, Intelligent Design, Terror, the Liberal and Gay agendas and constitution (because, if you are unlike them in their loyalty to Bush and O'Reilly-esque talking points you are less than an intelligent Christian American).

Well, good for me. I found another less than intelligent Christian American who has seen the same Bush administration's actions and found them wanting. I will introduce you to Lawrence Wilkerson, former Chief of Staff for former Secretary of State, Colin Powell. This quote from Newsweek as he describes the "cabal" running the White House...

"if something comes along that is truly serious, truly serious, something like a nuclear weapon going off in an American city, or something like a major pandemic, you are going to see the ineptitude of this government in a way that wil take you back to the Declaration of Independence."

Nice to know there are a few unpatriotic idiots like me out there with a similar unfounded opinion of our wonderful Commander-in-Chief.

link

3 comments:

Randy Buist said...

Rick,
Refreshing thoughts today. Thanks. Here in Republican West Michigan, I need to read friends to keep me sane... keep writing.
blessings.
randy

Ryan Lee Sharp said...

You know, I think I might be one of those too...

james said...

Let me think...you serve the poor, you work for justice and your bring hope through your messages of redemption from behind the pulpit...

sounds like you are providing some stabilty to this culture, and that sounds very patriotic to me!

Great work Rick! As always, I love hearing your well thought out musings on gov't and politics. Keep at it.