- I missed the wonderful news that Ralph Reed lost the Republican primary for Lt. Governor in Georgia (good job GA Republicans- you bit the hand that feeds knowing the hand is quite dirty). more on Saint Ralph
- Samuel L. Jackson will voice God in a new audio Bible. (I cannot wait for Obadiah 1:4)
- Methodist Activist tells us that Evangelicals are wrong to endorse anti-torture measures (because if the North Koreans and Chinese can do it, we all can). link
- CT store clerk spikes communion juice with dishwashing soap (That could not happen with wine. See, I told you wine is better for communion- article proves it).
- Since it was not a Christian wedding, in the eyes of the Catholic Church, Nicole Kidman never married Tom Cruise, so she could marry again (I love loopholes, especially when related to Scientologists).
- Church Youth Rock concerns really "nightclub" and shut down by city (c'mon, let the crappy Christian rock play- only Christian kids will show up).
- Bible misreaders trying to help Jesus return sooner through political and financial efforts. And, apparently Promise Keepers' Bill McCartney is converting Jews for the same reason (the only responses I have are mean-spirited, contemptuous and filled with hateful language- I will refrain).
- Kenneth Lay compared to Jesus and MLK at Memorial service (I mean if Jesus were an aging married wealthy Republican from Texas that ruined thousands of people's lives).
- Christians and lawmakers up in arms because Christian film gets a PG (but I thought PG stood for Praise God- all movies want that rating).
- Some Presbyterians think Father, Son and Holy Spirit is dated. They want to update the language (how about Pop, Dude and Casper or The Man, The Kid and The Ghost?).
Thursday, July 20, 2006
Favorite religious news stories on a less-than-busy day
Through unmitigated wasting of time I have had an opportunity to uncover the best recent news stories related to Christianity and Faith that may have been missed.