Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Bushisms- a tribute to the last days of a lame duck (Part 1)

For the next 2 weeks, I have decided to dedicate a portion of my blog as a tribute to our illustrative soon-to-be-former President, George Walker Bush and his sayings. As we prepare to embark on a journey into the future with an articulate President whose mastery of the English language most would find quite academic and seemingly poetic, we will miss the true otherworldly mastery of the language and poetry of the man known only by a letter...W (or Dubya). We may never see another leader with this extraordinary ability to twist the English language in such a fashion. While some cynics think these are dumb, future geniuses will understand the truly brilliant and prescient nature of these sayings, almost like a Confucius or Nostradamus. One day these sayings could be the formation of a new religion.

Enjoy my personal favorites of a truly misunderestimated man:

 "I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe- I believe what I believe is right"- Rome, July 22, 2001

Amen!


each of these can be found on a number of sites compiling his Bushisms, including About, Slate

No comments: