Friday, July 16, 2010

I write like


I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!


I kept running my writing through this writer analysis and it tells me I write like DFW usually (when not doing straight satire) and James Joyce at other times. DFW is one of my favorites and JJ I can live without. While I think anyone with sloppy, stream of conscious, rambling writing will get these 2 (which means all bloggers), I will still take DFW- probably because I use so many parentheticals.

Some of my more satirical writings (the ones built like news stories) get compared to Dan Brown and JJ. My last Mark Driscoll/ Lebron piece got compared to Chuck Palahniuk which is frightening. I am guessing they get compared to Brown because they sound like crappily written pieces of crap that make no sense.

2 comments:

kristi said...

i just got:

david foster wallace

charles dickens

cory doctorow

stephen king

and cory doctorow (i don't have time to google him but don't know who that is)

are there any female writers? i want to be flannery o'connor.

kristi said...

oh sweet! i just got a woman this time: margaret atwood. don't know who she is either, but at least it's a woman this time. ;)