I have but one thing to say about this year's NCAA tournament.
Just Say No
For the first time ever, I will attempt to pay no attention to the madness. I could say that I have decided to give it up for lent (Which, by the way, would be a great thing to give up- many wives are with me), but the real reason is the snub of FSU.
I could not give a Blue Devil's butt if FSU's strength of schedule was low. Its RPI is as relevant to the situation as Adam Morrison's facial hair. Whether or not FSU played patsies out of conference concerns me less than . So what, they lost in the 1st round of the ACC tournament. There are more important factors at play.
All I know is this...
1. FSU plays in the ACC (remember them? before the Big East decide they were the British empire of the 19th Century the ACC was actually relevant)
2. FSU went 9-7 in the ACC (back in the old days of 2003 and before a winning record in ACC was an automatic NCAA bid)
3. They were the #5 team in the ACC
4. They beat the #1 seed in the tourney (Duke lost 3 times all season)
5. Let me repeat that, they beat the #1 seed in the tourney (and everyone knows they actually beat the #1 twice)
6. If it were not for a phantom double technical in their 1st meeting, FSU would have beaten Duke twice. In fact, the officials were reprimanded for this debacle and FSU lost in overtime TO THE #1 SEED in the TOURNEY. If you beat the top team in the tourney and you win 19 games you must be in the dance.
7. Is Air Force better than FSU? IS Utah State better than FSU? IS Bradley better than FSU? Could any of these teams beat Duke?
8. FSU has proven that on any given night, they could play well enough to beat any other team in the nation. It is quite scary to have a borderline team so frightening to the rest of the nation.
9. Coach K believed FSU was one of the better teams in the nation (top 25)
10. They got AP votes for the Top 25 last week
#8 is the reason they are not in the tournament
I hope the rest of you enjoy the royal waste of time this year's NCAA or should I say Big East Tournament part 2 will be.