Friday, March 16, 2007

Arcade Fire mini review

Arcade Fire's Neon Bible.
Like most music fans, I waiting impatiently for their latest opus to be released and was not disappointed. While darker and not as immediately catchy as Funeral, I find myself even more drawn to it.

I will only say this about Arcade Fire. While they do not have the potential career arch of U2, they do have the potential to become bigger than their musical parents The Talking Heads. They are in for the long important career and success of R.E.M. or Radiohead. Of course, I said the same thing about Coldplay upon the release of Rush of Blood to the Head and they became Elton John on the next release (i expect more form Arcade Fire).

This entire review says all we need to know about this album:

"Churches should replace hymns with Arcade Fire songs, more kids would sing along."
Michael Spadoni (Reax magazine)

listen to Windowsills here

No comments: