Tuesday, April 17, 2007

TV worth adding to the diet

While most of my friends are hipsters keeping up with the wonders of televisions newest golden age, my family rarely watches anything besides The Daily Show and a little news/ sports. We are missing all of he water cooler conversations surrounding Friday Night Lights, The Sopranos, The Wire, Rome, Heroes, Lost, Grey's Anatomy, 24, House, American Idol and those dancing shows.

I like to say that it is because we cannot watch all that television and still have time to make sandwiches for homeless people and adequately raise my children. But, I just don't feel I can add any more to our media diet. If I were to add AI or Heroes, I would have to drop something else- and I am pleased with the shows we watch. We religiously watch The Daily Show, The Office, Scrubs, My Name is Earl and C.S.I, plus we occasionally watch The Colbert Report, NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams and sports (if there is a major story or I am very bothered by the Bush Administration, Countdown with Keith Olbermann)- plus a new show.

I guess a new show could come after May and we would have time then, since every other show is a rerun. Actually I love the summer, because I can watch baseball and the Daily Show and nothing else.

Anyway, I mention this because this year we did add something to that diet and it has rapidly become the funniest show on television (BTW, when adding a show... I will always pick humor over drama. My real life is dramatic enough). The show we added to our line up was on Thursday night (along with every other network TV show we watch).

The funniest show on television, with the best writing and the willingness to go just about anywhere for a laugh is 30 Rock. Yes, you have read and heard that it is that funny. I am here to tell you that it is. The best show on Thursday night is still The Office, but 30 Rock is the funniest.

2 comments:

Dustin said...

I agree, 30 Rock is funny.

laci said...

dinkin' flicka.

i (clearly) love the office.