I returned from a Youth Mission Trip yesterday. It was my first youth trip since 1999. While the middle school students I took were the most mature middle school students I have ever been around, I was struck by some of the changes in the landscape since I was a full time youth pastor.
1. Christian T-shirts, while still "Christian t-shirts" are less offensive and some are borderline cool.
2. Text messaging
3. Parents wanting kids in constant contact
4. Energy Drinks
5. Trading myspace accounts instead of addresses and phone numbers
6. Energy Drink slushies
7. Christian "cock rock"
9. Worship music as radio friendly genre
10. Digital Cameras
11. Sophistication of middle school students