Saturday, June 21, 2008

so hip it is square

I am old enough to have been heavily influenced as a teenager by the wonders of Huey Lewis. I see Huey like I see my conservative church upbringing. It may seem corny now, especially with all of the intelligent Indie Rock and critically approved music of present day (and the old theology may seem quaint at best), but I still care deeply for my formative years, whether it was the saw-dust trail of youth camps or Huey's goofy songs.

Apparently I am not the only one with a love of Huey. Stereogum has been talking about a great new Huey Lewis tribute album with Indie credentialed bands such as Apostles of Hustle, My Brightest Diamond and Will Johnson (Centromatic) and others.

Listen to a preview here. And acknowledge... some of these songs were great.

No comments: