- Crunchy Con, Rod Dreher, on everyone's favorite literary agrarian, Wendell Berry. I love this line:
If you build your politics on this foundation, you will find yourself standing outside the camps of our parties. Most Republicans don't care for him because he is a harsh critic of industrialism, consumerism and the unfettered free market as a destroyer of land, community and healthy traditions. Most Democrats regard him as out of touch because he is a religious man who holds autonomous individualism, especially the sexual freedom it licenses, to be similarly destructive of families, communities and the sacredness of love.
- Are we programmed to believe by our brain, not our experience? link
- Profile on a Mystery Church Shopper that helps churches be more seeker friendly. Sadly, I could do this in my sleep (but could I sleep at night?). Want to hire me?
- George Will is terribly disappointed with John McCain and keeps on talking about it.
- Is modesty making a come back, even in marketing? Let us hope so. link
- Here is Pollan's advice for the next president.
- The Economist, which has endorsed people named Reagan, Bush and Dole, endorses Obama.