Friday, August 18, 2006

new Links

I know it is hard to wade through the inordinate amount of links I have on this blog. I have attempted to split them up into bite-sized morsels for easy consumption, but how does one know if I added something tasty to the dinner selection on the right.

I may do some new cleaning, but I wanted to let you know I added some new books and music, leaving of some things I listened to and read months ago.

Some of the new music I will point you to:
The Format- Dog Problems (good smart indy pop- tasty like Matthew Sweet used to be)
The Lancaster Orchestra- With a Little Help from my Absent Friends (Swedish? alternative country folk- recommended by Dustin)
The Stevenson Ranch Davidians- hymns, psalms and spiritual songs (shoegazer pop with Americana influence- reminds me of BRMC)
also music from Josh Ritter, Dear and Glorious Physician and others.

Some of the added books include:
Fiasco by Thomas Ricks
Crunchy Cons by Ron Dreher
Thy Kingdom Come by Randall Balmer
Spanking the Monkey by Matt Taibbi
Simply Christian by N.T. Wright


I will try to add to the links during the next week or so. Stay tuned!

No comments: