Thursday, September 04, 2008

Truth and Lies and half truths and so in

This Sarah Palin thing has caused quite the kerfuffle. It has caused a very close friend of mine that has stopped blogging about politics to think about starting back up. I will keep you up to date.

Watching her speech last night, I was struck by the tone and the content. Throughout her speech (and even moreso during Mayor 9/11's), I found myself stopping the TiVo to talk to my wife about the factual inaccuracies. Now, I was sure Biden's speech was rife with inaccuracies, but since I did not stay up for his speech, I could not tell you.

So, where did I go to find out if they were telling the truth? to St. Pete Times' PolitiFact, a wonderful website that I have promoted before. It has a truth-o-meter to see where on the spectrum of truth and lie statements, commercials and spin lies (because nothing in politics is black and white). It is not comprehensive as I wish, but that may be impossible in today's news cycle.

It is worth seeing to find out the truth behind the claims of these people that want to lead the free world. Palin is already well on her way.

No comments: